From the perspective of someone who has recently been a ‘new’ gun owner. Is there anything we missed? Add yours in the comment section below. – Thanks to r/Guns user the5thpixel – To see the Reddit post CLICK HERE
1. The opinion of a real life friend is worth 1,000 internet opinions.
2. It’s okay to be indecisive about an upcoming purchase. Take your time.
3. Stop listening to people who say, “If you don’t carry cocked and locked you may as well not be carrying”. These people have clearly forgotten what it’s like to be new to it. You’ll get there at your own pace.
4. Buy nice or buy twice.
6. The cost of aftermarket (magazines, holsters, etc.) should be dead last on the list of things to look for in a gun.
7. When going to the range for the first time, go with someone who has been there before.
9. It’s okay to ask stupid questions. If someone gets put out with you, you don’t want their answers anyway.
10. Feeding the guns is the expensive part.